Cloud Network Engineer
Company & Location
The Cloud Network Engineer is responsible for management of network in a cloud infrastructure environment. The infrastructure includes extensive security, storage arrays, virtualized servers, and complex network switch configurations. The Cloud Network Engineer’s duties include resolving issues, monitoring all network elements, hardware/software installation/upgrades, and completing maintenance window tasks. The ideal Cloud Network Engineer candidate is an experienced network engineer with private cloud environments, with extensive troubleshooting experience, who understands the rigorous demands of a 24x7x365 real-time online production environment.
- Work with a team of engineers to deliver and support network services with focus on Data Centre networking. Plan, install, manage and maintain the overall integration of the cloud network infrastructure in the data centre.
- Create network plans, document existing and proposed network infrastructure, and maintain relationships with technical solution providers
- Interface with customers, vendors, and other technical representatives on developing network solutions related to deploying network services in the data centre.
- Provide technical support for complex client issues
- Reasonable afterhours availability, beyond an on-call rotation, as needed
- Capable of interfacing directly with customers, 3rd party vendors and internal resources to manage and ultimately resolve all issues individually or as a team. Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties either internally or externally.
- Ownership of root cause analysis related to incidents. Investigation into root cause using available information, leveraging vendor knowledge and support, and creation of remediation plans to rectify the problem.
- Creation of operational, configuration, and performance health check processes and procedures.
Job Requirements :
- Minimum 5-7 years of technical and network design experience within a large enterprise environment
- 5 years of experience in various routing technologies (e.g. OSPF)
- 3 years of related experience with Cisco products (routing/switching--Nexus Series, Catalyst, etc.) or relevant experience in key competitor offerings (e.g. Juniper J/M/E Series)
- Experience with the following technologies: IP Routing, Ethernet Switching, VPN's, Security, QoS, Remote/Local Access, IP Services (DNS, Web Proxy, Socks), Firewall (PIX, Checkpoint), server load balancing
- Network certifications (Cisco or Juniper) are preferred
- Experience in shell scripting or other programming languages
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Excellent organizational, project management abilities, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Commensurate with experience
A local IT company
A local IT company
An IT MNC
A growing SME specialized in integrated facilities management.
Global leader in Data warehousing and analytic technologies