Cloud Security Engineer
Company & Location
The Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for management of IT security in a cloud infrastructure environment. The infrastructure includes extensive security, storage arrays, virtualized servers, and complex network switch configurations. The Security Engineer’s duties include resolving issues, monitoring all security elements, hardware/software installation/upgrades, and completing maintenance window tasks. The ideal Security Engineer candidate is an experienced security engineer with exposure to cloud environments, with extensive troubleshooting experience, who understands the rigorous demands of a 24x7x365 real-time online production environment.
- Work with a team of engineers to deliver and support IT security services with focus on Data Centre security. Plan, install, manage and maintain the overall integration of the cloud security infrastructure in the data centre.
- Conduct vulnerability testing and security assessments.
- Handle risk management, incident response, security framework and compliance, Intrusion Detection and Prevention.
- Create security plans, document existing and proposed security infrastructure, and maintain relationships with technical solution providers
- Interface with customers, vendors, and other technical representatives on developing security solutions related to deploying security services in the data centre.
- Provide technical support for complex client issues
- Reasonable afterhours availability, beyond an on-call rotation, as needed
- Ownership of root cause analysis related to security incidents. Investigation into root cause using available information, leveraging vendor knowledge and support, and creation of remediation plans to rectify the problem.
Job Requirements :
- Minimum 7-10 years previous experience as a Security Engineer, Analyst, Security Architect or equivalent.
- Familiarity with the use of standard security technology solutions and processes such as: access control, user provisioning, directory, vulnerability management, anti-virus, single sign on, auditing, encryption, Cloud Security, Network Security technology experience.
- Ability to identify and document relevant information security risks along with a threat analysis and proposed controls.
- Industry recognized security certification: CISSP, CISM or CISA certification desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Excellent organizational, project management abilities, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
It will be commensurate with experience
A local IT company
A local IT company
An IT MNC
A growing SME specialized in integrated facilities management.
Global leader in Data warehousing and analytic technologies