Cloud System Engineer
Company & Location
The Cloud System Engineer is responsible for management of a cloud infrastructure environment. The infrastructure includes extensive security, storage arrays, virtualized servers, and complex network switch configurations. The Cloud Engineer’s duties include resolving issues, monitoring all systems and network elements, hardware/software installation/upgrades, and completing maintenance window tasks. The ideal Cloud Engineer candidate is an experienced engineer with private cloud environments, with extensive troubleshooting experience, who understands the rigorous demands of a 24x7x365 real-time online production environment.
- Implement and support complex network and storage environments including SAN, clustering, load balancing, multi-site VPNs, backups, network IDS, and firewalls
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot multi-tier software services
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot large virtualized server farms
- Design and maintain HA, DR, and other redundancy solutions among the various applications
- Design and maintain storage area networks
- Provide technical support for complex client issues
- Reasonable afterhours availability, beyond an on-call rotation, as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers including rapidly responding to customer inquiries, addressing customer complaints, escalating customer issues, and providing follow-up communications per SLA.
- Capable of interfacing directly with customers, 3rd party vendors and internal resources to manage and ultimately resolve all issues individually or as a team. Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties either internally or externally.
- Multiple years of experience working with Windows, Linux/Unix Operating System Server Platforms, including extensive enterprise management experience.
- Experience working with enterprise database systems, including extensive performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization skills.
- Experience with core networking hardware i.e. enterprise switches, routers, load balancers, and SAN fabric switching
- Experience working with VMware technologies in a live, production environment, including VMware vCenter, vCloud Director, vCloud Orchestrator, vSphere, ESXi and ESX.
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery technologies
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting both server systems in WAN/LAN environments.
- Solid understanding of network security technologies including firewall, VPN and IDS.
- In-depth knowledge of IT standards, concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Excellent organizational, project management abilities, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Will be comensurate with experience
A local IT company
A local IT company
An IT MNC
A growing SME specialized in integrated facilities management.
Global leader in Data warehousing and analytic technologies